Call 678-746-2900 to schedule
a no-charge consultation
11800 Amber Park Drive
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
J. CHRISTOPHER MILLER focuses his time in the areas of trusts and estates, taxation, and business law. His experience with all angles of estate administration informs his common sense style of practicing law and helps him to form estate plans that suit each client’s situation. Chris has helped to broker reasonable settlements in a number of intra-family disputes, and has successfully guided clients through estate tax filings and audits.
Chris enjoys his work in the special needs community, regularly discussing the use of Special Needs Trusts at the seasonal conferences of the Down Syndrome Association of Atlanta. He also serves on the faculty of several CLE seminars regarding Georgia’s probate code and its Limited Liability Company (LLC) Act. He uses his experience in counseling small businesses as a basis for workshops on drafting strong, flexible Operating Agreements for use in a variety of family business and commercial situations. In 2014, he wrote a chapter titled “Asset Protection Planning” for a guidebook written for physicians and healthcare professionals.
Chris resides in Johns Creek with his wife, Sharon, and a 7-year-old daughter.
Chris has been recognized as one Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite in the field of Taxes, Estates, and Trusts both in 2009 and in 2014.
Chris was also voted best attorney in the North Fulton Family Life 2014 “Best of life” contest.
- Emory University, Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Latin, magna cum laude 1997
- Emory University School of Law, JD., cum laude 2000
- Member of the Atlanta Bar Association’s Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Member of the Alpharetta Business Association
- Member of the Professional Resource Group
- Treasurer of the Johns Creek Kiwanis Club
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Published chapter titled “Asset Protection Planning” in guidebook titled Comprehensive Financial Planning Strategies for Doctors and Advisors.
- Contributing author for guidebook titled Financial Planning for Physicians and Healthcare Professionals.
- Invited speaker at the National Business Institute’s seminar titled “Drafting LLC Agreements: Essential Skills and Hands-On Training”
- Invited speaker on Special Needs Trusts at the Down Syndrome of Atlanta’s seminar titled “New Parents of Down Syndrome Children”
- Invited speaker at the National Business Institute’s seminar titled “Estate Planning Basics”
- Invited speaker at the National Business Institute’s seminar titled “Limited Liability Companies”
- Invited speaker at the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce’s seminar titled “Start Strong in 2010," led break out group on Corporate Governance and Buy-Sell Agreements.
- Invited speaker at the seminar titled “Ethics and Estate Planning”
- Invited speaker at the seminar titled “Moving Your Company from a Business to a Family Wealth Vault”
- Chris has also published numerous articles in North Fulton Family Life and Windscene Magazines.